- Logic audit identified currently running firmware.
- Ticket logged for failure of XSCF.
- During preparation TRT identified firmware, analysed known bugs and notified customer that
replacement would require firmware upgrade first or planned cold outage due to known firmware bug.
- Customer elected to do planned cold outage due to high risk of full platform outage with all domains down.
- TRT preformed cold replacement procedure, powered on machine and updated XSCF firmware.
- Replacement completed successfully.
- Had hot replacement been performed following the standard documented procedure, a full platform outage
with all domains down would have occurred. TRT verified a known firmware bug that if XSCF was replaced,
it would cause a domain reset.